Links

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thought Smorgasbord

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted to alert my loyal readers that I will be setting off on a journey full of Klostermans, bears, Qwangzillas, and goat skin for a week. I will be living technology free immersed in nature, with just me and my thoughts (most people's worst nightmare).

I am severely looking forward to the World Cup this year, and will be hitting it hard in an attempt to expand my writing versatility.

If anybody clamored for me to write about baseball (you know who you are), I would even give that a shot. All I'd need is a contending team to follow. I might be leaning toward the Tampa Devil Rays (will never call them just 'Rays').

I am moderately excited about the NBA Finals. A 7 on a scale of 1-10. Although, we finally had some intriguing playoff games- One close, the other not. Lakers-Suns Game 6 will probably go down as the best game of these playoffs.

I see the Lakers winning the series in six. Celtics steal one of the first two in Los Angeles. Lakers take two of three in Boston and win it in Game 6 at home.

I hate to acknowledge it, but I believe Kobe has distanced himself from the rest of the game's current elite. I credit Phil Jackson.

I put Dwyane Wade second on that list (ahead of LeBronius). Has anybody noticed the Favre-ness in the spelling of Dwyane?

Got a chance to watch Stanley Cup Finals Game 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully, the series evens out and goes deep so I get a chance to observe the conclusion. I don't know one person supporting Philadelphia in the series, so go Flyers!

The Indianapolis 500 happened.

If Dirk Nowitzki leaves the Dallas Mavericks for the Phoenix Suns this offseason, the Suns will become the funnest NBA team of this era and win the title next year.

I feel more optimism and overall excitement towards my three main sports teams (Nebraska, KU Basketball, Chiefs) than I have in a handful of years.

Just to remind those in the know: Mike Cloud.

This concludes the end of my stream of consciousness, so hop off the smorgasbord. Remember to check back for an uneducated look at the first two games of the NBA Finals and a Mondo World Cup Preview Extravaganza that would satisfy even Diego Maradona's strict personal hygiene requirements.

Dirkness

No comments: